Lebedeva Liudmila Gennadievna, Associate Professor, sub-department of sociology and psychology, Samara State University of Economics (141 Sovetskoy Armii street, Samara, Russia), email@example.com
Background. In various countries, including the “prosperous” ones, there is a concern and anxiety about the problems with social integration and, accordingly, there is a need to investigate possible ways of increasing the level of social cohesion. The aim of this work is to analyze development of intergenerational continuity and social policy in the interests of social solidarity and integration of society and in order to optimize social reproduction of society.
Materials and methods. The study uses a variety of research materials, primarily of sociological origin, by Russian and foreign scholars on the chosen topic. The author analyzes and summarizes materials by J. Alexander, R. Inglehart, M. K. Gorshkov, S. V. Mareeva, O. A. Karmadonov and other authors. The study uses documentary materials of the European Union.
Results. Research materials show that social cohesion and integration of different layers and generations of the Russian society contribute to the values of the state welfare in the first place, assertion of social justice. In the article, on the basis of the secondary analysis of sociological researches, the author analyzes some problems of social policy in terms of their impact on intergenerational continuity and social integration in the social space of the modern Russian society.
Conclusions. Historical circumstances dictate to society and the state a need to conduct a more clearly social policy in the spirit of “social justice” and towards “state welfare”. The values of the state welfare are the objective basis of good relations and harmonious succession of intergenerational continuity in modern Russia, consolidation and integration of the society.
intergenerational continuity, social reproduction of society, young people, older generations, social justice, integration and disintegration in social space, social state (state welfare).
1. Karmadonov O. A. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2015, no. 2, pp. 3–12.
2. Alexander J. The Civil Sphere. New York, 2006.
3. Mareeva S. V. Monitoring obshchestvennogo mneniya: ekonomicheskie i sotsial'nye peremeny [Public opinion monitoring: economic and social changes]. 2015, no. 4, pp. 50–65. DOI: 10.14515/monitoring.2015.4.03
4. Aleshina M. V. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshche¬stvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2011, no. 2 (18), pp. 66–75.
5. Dudin G. A. Natsional'naya assotsiatsiya uchenykh (NAU). Ezhemesyachnyy nauchnyy zhurnal [National association of scholars. Monthly scientific journal]. 2015, no. 5 (10), part 5, pp. 132–134.
6. Roik V. Sotsial'noe partnerstvo [Social partnership]. 2009, no. 3, pp. 2–5. Available at: http://www.oilru.com/ sp/24/999/(accessed 2015, October 12).
7. Zelenova T. G. Sotsial'naya splochennost' grazhdan i zabota v interesakh detey s osobymi nuzhdami [Social cohesion of citizens and care for children with specific needs]. Available at: http://logonetwork.ru/materials/stati-o-logo/inkluzia/inkluzia-1_110.html (accessed 2015, October 12).
8. Inglkhart R. Postmodern: menyayushchiesya tsennosti i izmenyayushchiesya obshchestva [Post-modernism: altering values and societies]. Available at: http://www.sociology.mephi.ru/docs/polit/html/ingl.htm (accessed 2015, September 9).
9. Mareeva S. V. Obshchestvennye nauki i sovremennost' [Social sciences and modern times]. 2013, no. 5, pp. 16–26.
10. Narbut N. P., Trotsuk I. V. Sotsiologicheskaya nauka i sotsial'naya praktika [Sociological and sciences and social practice]. 2014, no. 4, pp. 105–123.
11. Polyanichko N. V. Trud i sotsial'nye otnosheniya [Labor and social relations]. 2014, no. 7, pp. 37–46.
12. Orlova V. V. Izvestiya Tomskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta [Proceedings of Tomsk Polytechnic University]. 2010, vol. 316, no. 6, pp. 166–172.
13. Ter-Akop'yan V. A. Gumanitariy Yuga Rossii [Souther Russian classical science]. 2014, no. 4, pp. 97–103.
14. Gorshkov M. K. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2015, no. 1, pp. 35–44.